dimanche 9 janvier 2022

Deciding in the rain

I decided this morning, as I was taking an early walk in the dark, cold and rainy Rue de Ruffec, to start writing down my dreams again. I need to know what's in the back of my head, and to be able to remember this other half of my life – even if it means not retaining the dreams I know teach me nothing, bring me nothing.

Another decision, and not just a personal one, was to revert to the Maelifell name. I have a fairly precise idea, if not of the melodies, of the general atmosphere I'd like to develop on a future Maelifell album, made up of alternations between types of sounds and instruments, musical genres, and types of recording quality: for example, a track with General MIDI sounds recorded on k7 with a lot of breath, as in our early days, followed by a track made with the Technics, which would have its own sound, then an entirely acoustic instrumental recorded on the tape recorder, then a more electronic track, on the Volca for example, and so on... This would give the whole thing a more lively, organic feel, rather than an album that gives the impression of having been entirely played, recorded and mixed on the same day, with the same equipment, in the same state of mind.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire