dimanche 30 avril 2023

April 2023

Maxime Deruy has published a review of Souvenirs de la Ville Grise Probably the only one I'll ever have. I'm satisfied with it.

Some time ago, he also published a review of the split with Eric.

*

I've started implementing the HTML texts for my I.F. devoted to the Champ du Feu. It won't be so much an I.F as a kind of textual, autobiographical stroll. No variables, no complicated architecture, I'm dropping all that – nobody cares anyway. I'm going back to the initial fantasy, this exploration of the chalet that I'd started when I created the Chemin de Croix website.

A site that I should continue. Although I'd do well to think about its content; perhaps I've had too much of a tendency to make it a sort of catch-all for me (photos of my bedroom, etc.) instead of creating specific, original content. Maybe I should clean it up a bit.

*

I have to stop taking so many photos. I can't keep filing them away, putting them in their own little folders, never to look at them again anyway.

I've started deleting all the superfluous photos on my hard drive. Starting with the last few years. Those hundreds of uninteresting photos of landscapes and places that I never really looked at after I'd taken them and that I'd been storing for no reason... all that has to go. I need to lighten up.

*

I probably won't be making any more games with Inform. Too much work, no audience. Low personal satisfaction.

*

I've been playing a few CPC games that I wanted to take screenshots of and record music for, for my Amstrad Melodies YouTube channel. I haven't uploaded anything yet, but I'll do it in one go, once I've created several videos.

Then I'll consider this "work" finished.

*

I've finished my PDF of Nancy photos, and uploaded it to my personal Archive account, under the same title as the blog: Fragments Nancéiens.

I don't think I'll be embarking on any more Nancy photo expeditions. This work, too, is finished. And so is the period of my life that corresponds to it.

To close this sequence completely, I'd have to finish Adieu à Nancy. I'll probably do it as I've done with most of my other works: by giving up on going all the way, and publishing an "acceptable" version.

*

I've continued uploading to the Archive Lothringer Anarchivist account.

*

I uploaded the demo 2003 of In Silence We Pray to the Keller 54 account. I'll have to find more stuff from the French goth/indus scene to upload.

Or should I? Why bother wasting my time with it?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire